Set in one of Shropshire's areas of outstanding natural beauty, the Oaklands' Family Lake is accessible for all fly and float fishing enthusiasts or newcomers. within easy reach of the West Midlands,
Telford, Shrewsbury, Iron Bridge, Much Wenlock, Ludlow, Hereford,Leominster Camping is also available at this beautiful and uniquely sited Shropshire campsite and fishery.
Parking is very close to the stream-fed 2 acre lake which is stocked with hard fighting Carp upto 20lbs easily accessible for all families and leisure anglers Disabled anglers catered for..
There are disabled facilities ,path and stages (a grant was given by the Angling Trust to provide these facilities) available close to the lake and a communal BBQ
Night Fishing By Arrangement
If you wish to to kill a trout to cook the cost is £10.00 fish.
Catch and Release Information
- Try to remove the de-barbed hook with a forceps without touching the fish and preferably without taking it out of the water.
- A landing net is available on request.
- If necessary suspend the fish in the water, with the net, until it recovers, then release to swim away
1. All anglers or camper to report to office to book in upon arrival (and to pay if necessary) and, upon departure, to complete a catch return form.
2. All anglers must have a current Environment Agency rod licence which can be obtained from the Post Office or online (or we can arrange it.)
3. Damaged / injured fish must be killed, and paid for or left at the office.
4. NO WADING, SWIMMING OR BOATS - The water is approx 16 ft in places.
5. Max 1 person per ticket 2 rods per person.
6. Catching fish for other anglers is prohibited.
7. Any member of Oakland's Staff reserve the right to inspect rod licences,/tackle / bags / or boxes on request.
9. One fly or one baited barbless or de-barbed hook per rod only. Maximum hook size 8 and with a breaking strain of at least 5 lb.
11. Respect your quarry and the countryside and we will look forward to seeing you again.
12. All persons visiting the fishery do so entirely at their own risk and the owner takes NO responsibility for any theft, damage, accidents or injuries.
13. NO LITTER - Bins are provided by the car park and toilet blocks).
14. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
15. Bad language / anti social behaviour is not permitted a noise curfew is in force between 10pm and 8 am.
16. NO SPINNING / SWIM FEEDERS / ARTIFICIAL LURES THAT WILL NOT BREAK DOWN IN THE WATER
17. Any infringement of these rules will result in instant expulsion and dismissal without compensation or refund.